synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Supporting mediators that initiate messages
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:14:25 GMT
Paul
> 1) Try to create a really good abstract transport class that can be
> extended. My experience of us debugging the SMTP transport shows that
> it isn't actually that easy - even for a core Axis2 developer - to
> build a really good Axis2 transport that works in all scenarios (e.g.
> composability with RM). We also need to document it clearly.
+1 Actually I have already started looking into some of the other
transports we wanted to introduce, to create the correct abstraction
layer. Let me research into this a bit and comeup with a proposal to
axis-dev.
> 2) Lets add an approach in the Synapse.xml where users can configure
> transports that get added to the underlying Axis2 transport model.
Yes, this should be at the axis2 'service' level. Ideally a service
should be able to even specify a custom http port where it should be
exposed. A more common scenario is the use of https with 2-way
authentication, where custom trust stores and authentication settings
are required for different services. Thus a synapse proxy should be able
to specify these same parameters to the underlying axis2 transport.

asankha