synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Supporting mediators that initiate messages
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:13:45 GMT
A while back we talked about having mediators be able to spawn a
thread and initiate messages into the Synapse environment.

I've been thinking about how to implement a file-based model to allow
Synapse to poll a directory. The current model to implement this would
be to create a new Axis2 transport, which obviously will work.
However, I'd like to make it a little easier to interface with other
systems, and it seems like maybe simply kicking a mediator once its
instantiated with an init() call could allow a mediator to start some
workers.

Thoughts?

--
Paul Fremantle