synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Supporting mediators that initiate messages
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:32:47 GMT
Asankha

I think there are two use cases:

1) We ought to be able to configure Axis2 transports *from scratch*
inside Synapse.xml. This is just an alternative place to put them.

2) Proxy Services should be able to amend the configuration of a
transport with service-specific info (as you describe below).

Paul

On 6/15/07, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@wso2.com> wrote:
> Paul
> > 1) Try to create a really good abstract transport class that can be
> > extended. My experience of us debugging the SMTP transport shows that
> > it isn't actually that easy - even for a core Axis2 developer - to
> > build a really good Axis2 transport that works in all scenarios (e.g.
> > composability with RM). We also need to document it clearly.
> +1 Actually I have already started looking into some of the other
> transports we wanted to introduce, to create the correct abstraction
> layer. Let me research into this a bit and comeup with a proposal to
> axis-dev.
> > 2) Lets add an approach in the Synapse.xml where users can configure
> > transports that get added to the underlying Axis2 transport model.
> Yes, this should be at the axis2 'service' level. Ideally a service
> should be able to even specify a custom http port where it should be
> exposed. A more common scenario is the use of https with 2-way
> authentication, where custom trust stores and authentication settings
> are required for different services. Thus a synapse proxy should be able
> to specify these same parameters to the underlying axis2 transport.
>
> asankha

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org