synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Features for 1.1 release
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:51:35 GMT
Hi all

I am trying to list and prioritize the set of features that we would
like to introduce into Synapse 1.1, and any defects that should be
fixed. Some of the main areas under consideration are:

1. Improvement of Transports

    HTTP/S
    - Ability to expose a proxy over a custom port
    - Ability to use a custom SSL configuration when exposing over a
custom port
    - Ability to use a custom SSL configuration for an endpoint (i.e.
certificate used for two-way authentication)

    File/FTP
    - Ability to use file/ftp/sftp/.. transport through Apache commons
CFS (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/vfs)

    Corba / EJB / JDBC
    - Ability call into these external systems

2. Mediators

    XQuery / Saxon XSLT
    Cobol Copybook to XML
    CSV to XML
    Reporting - (for auditing etc.)
    Looping mediator - to process a message as multiple smaller (one
way) messages
    Mediator to call into JDBC

3. BPEL

    Calling into Apache ODE to support BPEL

If you would like to suggest or add any other items to list please let
me know. I will add this into the Wiki/JIRA and prepare how we want to
achieve these, based on actual usage by users and the priorities.

thanks
asankha