synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Buchholz <m.buchh...@subnatural.de>
Subject Re: Synapse and JBI
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:30:11 GMT
Paul

I search for a sub-topic of my master thesis about Web-Service Mediation
Systems. After reading the JBI spec I had the idea that a WMS (Synapse)
could be used as a CBR in JBI-Enviroments:

The Normalized Message Router (NMR) does not provide content based
routing (CBR). Each component (Service Enging / Binding Component)
referres another component by service endpoint, name or interface. That
means each component has its own routing logic included. Also the
component that sends the normalized message to the NMR must make sure
that the normalized message payload is understood by the referenced
component. (if i got the specs right)

Synapse could provide a more convenient method to route messages by
providing CBR to a JBI enviroment.

For this each component registered on the NMR could forward its
normalized message (NM) to the Synapse-Service Engine. Synapse can now
select the next component on the NMR for the incoming message type and
transform it to the message type of the selected component so that it
will understand it. All this is done by simply adding all the rules in
synpase rule-engine.

In summary Synpase could provide:
  - validation & classification (incoming XML message from the NMR)
  - enrichment (for example calling other external services and
inserting this data into the xml message)
  - content based routing (choose next endpoint on the NMR)
  - transformation (transform outgoing message so that the selected
nmr-endpoint can understand it)

.. that is a VERTO pattern: validate - enrich - route - transform - operate.

And all this information can be stored in the synapse registry. JBI
routing in a centralized way. The components don´t need any more routing
logic except sending their messages to the synapse endpoint.

Well.. that´s it ;). What do you think?

Michael