synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Buchholz <m.buchh...@subnatural.de>
Subject Re: Synapse and JBI
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:39:47 GMT
Ruwan

thanks for approving my thoughts about a WMS Service Engine :)

Ruwan Linton schrieb:

> Yes, you are correct, but in that case synapse is an JBI SE, I don't think
> providing a SE to a JBI container makes us JBI compliant.
>
> But, we can very easily do this by providing a special send method for the
> NMR. We were not interested in the JBI compliantness because we were not
> much sure what the value addition is. Some how it is very good to here this
> and will do this for our coming release.

In my opinion it is better to implement a general Service Engine for
Synapse instead of changing or adding routing methods of the NMR. A
JBI-standard compliant Service Enginge can be used by every JBI
implementation... an "enhanced NMR" not.

But we could make a proposal for the JBI Team to include a Content Based
Routing/Transformation method in the next JBI Specs release(?) which
input normalized messages are forwarded to a specific NMR-endpoint which
implements the needed cbr&transformation functionality.

Michael