synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruwan Linton" <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Synapse and JBI
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 01:35:05 GMT
Hi Michael,

First of all, thanks a lot for the information. We highly appreciate your
feedback.

Comments in-line,

On 7/24/07, Michael Buchholz <m.buchholz@subnatural.de> wrote:

> Paul
>
> I search for a sub-topic of my master thesis about Web-Service Mediation
> Systems. After reading the JBI spec I had the idea that a WMS (Synapse)
> could be used as a CBR in JBI-Enviroments:
>
> The Normalized Message Router (NMR) does not provide content based
> routing (CBR). Each component (Service Enging / Binding Component)
> referres another component by service endpoint, name or interface. That
> means each component has its own routing logic included. Also the
> component that sends the normalized message to the NMR must make sure
> that the normalized message payload is understood by the referenced
> component. (if i got the specs right)

You are absolutely correct.

Synapse could provide a more convenient method to route messages by
> providing CBR to a JBI enviroment.
>
> For this each component registered on the NMR could forward its
> normalized message (NM) to the Synapse-Service Engine. Synapse can now
> select the next component on the NMR for the incoming message type and
> transform it to the message type of the selected component so that it
> will understand it. All this is done by simply adding all the rules in
> synpase rule-engine.

Correct....

In summary Synpase could provide:
>   - validation & classification (incoming XML message from the NMR)
>   - enrichment (for example calling other external services and
> inserting this data into the xml message)
>   - content based routing (choose next endpoint on the NMR)
>   - transformation (transform outgoing message so that the selected
> nmr-endpoint can understand it)
>
> .. that is a VERTO pattern: validate - enrich - route - transform -
> operate.
>
> And all this information can be stored in the synapse registry. JBI
> routing in a centralized way. The components don´t need any more routing
> logic except sending their messages to the synapse endpoint.
>
> Well.. that´s it ;). What do you think?

Yes, you are correct, but in that case synapse is an JBI SE, I don't think
providing a SE to a JBI container makes us JBI compliant.

But, we can very easily do this by providing a special send method for the
NMR. We were not interested in the JBI compliantness because we were not
much sure what the value addition is. Some how it is very good to here this
and will do this for our coming release.

Thanks,
Ruwan

Michael