synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Linking Synapse Instances (and Axis2 instances)
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:12:34 GMT
One thing that I think would be nice would be to be able to make it
easier to link one Synapse instance to another. What does that mean?

Well, I know we can share the config with the repository. But I'm
thinking suppose I just want to talk between two systems. Suppose I
have one Synapse server exposing 5 proxy services, I'd like them
automatically available as endpoints in my other Synapse instance. In
fact I'd also like the same with Axis2. If I have an Axis2 server, it
would be equally cool to expose all those services as endpoints in
Synapse too.

For the S->S case, imagine I have two companies. Company A exposes a
set of  internal services using Synapse. I'm in Company B and I want
those. I should be able to point my Synapse at theirs and have it all
mesh nicely.

I guess we could do this in a standard way or our own way. Ideally we
would be so good at consuming WS-P that once we have the WSDLs we can
then work easily. So it might just be a need to get a list of WSDLs
via HTTP and then add those as endpoints automatically.

There used to be spec for that (WS Inspection) but it seems dead
looking at the fact the IBM link is 404 Not Found!

It would also be nice to have some kind of ping service between nodes
to know they are alive, maybe for load-balance and failover purposes
too.

Thoughts?

Paul

--