synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing long-running things in Synapse
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:38:58 GMT
We previously discussed allowing mediators to get warning about when
they get initialized. I was hoping to misuse this to start up work
items in Synapse. I realize that was a bit of a hack, so I have a new
idea:

* Have a startup part of the config where you can define some classes
that get called at startup and shutdown of Synapse. Each class must
implement some kind of startup()/init() method and corresponding
shutdown.
* The call gets passed a SynapseEnvironment
* We add access to the underlying threadpool into the
SynapseEnvironment so that these classes can start threads or work
items.

This could make it easy to do things like poll filesystems and inject
new messages. Much simpler than implementing a full Axis2 transport.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair