synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruwan Linton" <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access to validation error message
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2007 16:32:22 GMT
Hi Asankha,

Thanks for pointing this out, but when I tried this, ERROR_MESSAGE property
was not set on to the MC in the validate mediator failure.

This is because the Validate mediator is handling the failure cases inside
itself (not propagates out) and mediate using the onfail sequence in case of
a validation failure. There fore our ErrorHandler will not be invoked in the
validate failure case and this property wont be set in to the MC.

So, I had to change the validate mediator code to set that property inside
the mediator itself. I have commited this change.

Balaji, if you get a build of the current SVN head, you will be able to use
this property explained by Asankha.

Thanks,
Ruwan

On 9/22/07, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@wso2.com> wrote:

>  Balaji
>
> Did you check the "ERROR_MESSAGE" property after the validation failure?
> This should contain the text from the schema validator. Check
> http://ws.apache.org/synapse/Synapse_Configuration_Language.html for the
> reference to the above property - we will enhance the documentation and
> clearly exposes such properties in 1.1 release.
>
> Ruwan - lets check the above before a JIRA is opened, and if it needs an
> improvement lets open a new JIRA
>
> asankha
>
> Ruwan Linton wrote:
>
> Hi Balaji,
>
> AFAIK, this should go to the improvements list. Can you raise an
> improvement JIRA on this. We will be able to get this in to the 1.1release which is coming
soon. If you can try nightly builds or build from