synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Job language syntax in the Synapse configuration
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 18:10:21 GMT
I'm not sure everyone is clear - maybe its because I haven't yet
documented this :-)

There is a new type of extension point called a Startup with a
Factory... just like Mediators.
Job is a type of Startup - with its own XML, just like a mediator
defines its own XML.

So if we added another type of Startup then it would have a different
tagname. So at the moment we can have:

<startup>
  <job....>...</job>
  <asankha>
     <scheduled to work 24x7x265>
  </asankha>
</startup>

So there are three choices:

1) Keep a wrapper element for all "startups"
2) remove the flexibility to have different startups
3) Refactor the code so it can tell if its a startup or a mediator
when it hits the tag QName and do the right thing for each.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair