synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Synapse 1.1 Release Candidate - 1 :: Available
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 08:07:56 GMT
Hi Saminda
> 1. Is there a particular reason to  have  axis2-adb,
> axis2-adb-codegen,  axis2-codegen,  axis2-wsdl2java, axis2-xmlbeans,
> and axis2-kernel  rather having  axis2-1.3.jar . Axis2.jar contains
> class of all the above mentioned.
Hmm.. good point.. I remember a long time back we were using the
axis2-<x.x>.jar as the only dependency and then moved back to using the
individual components.. anyway since both works the same way lets leave
it as it is for now.
> 2. Axis2 comply with Spring 1.2.8 onwards. You've shipping 1.2.6.
We are not using any Axis2-Spring stuff.. we ship spring only for the
spring mediator, and as you say we could ship the latest version, or one
could replace the version shipped to a later version. We also noted the
availability of a new version of Saxon, and a newer point release of
Log4J than what we included. But again as these are not serious, and we
cannot re-test some of the completed test cases, I do not think we
should change the code/build right now.
> 3. Is Synapse compatible with 1.5 onwards?
Yes, in fact this release was tested only with JDK 1.5 and on Unix
platforms due to the limited QA time.
> If yes, backport-util-concurrent-2.2.jar and bcprov-jdk13-132.jar can
> be discarded.
fully agree - I noticed the extra bcprov JAR just after I cut the RC..
but our scripts have been configured to pick the correct bcprov JAR for
the JDK anyway, and hence again I am ok to differ removal of these for
the next point release.

Thanks
asankha