synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruwan Linton" <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mail sending : how to configure mail subject and other details
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 08:38:24 GMT
Hi Eric,

I agree to the fact that your scenario is a valid use case for an ESB, but
since we use the mail transport of the axis2 (for the moment) it has some
limitations by the specification. Also, there will be issues in finding the
right MEP when there are CC and BCC on the mail from axis2 (web services)
point (ie: out-in, out-in-in like) as per Saminda. Even if we can get this
done from the axis2 mail transport, it will take a considerable time since
it has to be done with a change to the specification.

Form my perspective, we have two options to support your scenario,
1) By providing a mediator to send mails with all the features you want.
2) By writing a synapse specific mail transport

Option 1 can be used for the scenario you described, but it can not act as a
transport (so that, you can not send a mail and wait for a response and so
on - basically this case will be just a send mail).
Option 2 might have limitations (not very sure, need to study about how can
we handle multiple responses from CCed parties)

I will be able to provide a send mail mediator soon, if that solves your
problems...

Thanks,
Ruwan

Yes,we have usecases where in it is needed to override the subject/To/CC/BCC

--
Ruwan Linton