synapse-dev mailing list archives

From ruwan.lin...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Plans for the next synapse release (1.1.1)
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:27:00 GMT
Paul,

> Ruwan
>
> I think we need a few things that aren't captured yet in JIRA.
>
> 1) I'd like us to have a formal process and place for contributed class
> mediators as well as extensions. I've written some and other have
> contributed them too, and I think it would be good to have a place in the
> code tree for those.

+1 for this. I have already added a folder named extensions to the lib
dir and jars go in here will be availabel in the classpath. I think
Asankha pointed some wrapper script issues with that. I will look in
to that and fix it.

> 2) I'd like to get the first annotation support in - even if its marked as
> "early code/beta quality".

If ant could do it that will be great.

> 3) What about doing a really simple authentication mediator to flesh out the
> discussion we had earlier?

Will try our best to get this in to the release. May be Upul or Indika
can help with this.

> 4) Have we got documentation/samples about the POJO Command mediator in
> place? I know you fixed the code

Yeah. I will add at least two samples for this, and I think it is
worth in adding a sample for the callout mediator as well. (I am
planning to add some more samples which illustrates the rest support
through synapse)

Thanks,
Ruwan

> Paul
>
> On Dec 11, 2007 9:22 AM, Ruwan Linton <ruwan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are planning for the next release of Synapse which is going to be
> > synapse-1.1.1. This release is mostly going to be a bug fix release of the
> > 1.1 release with a very few new features and improvements like email
> > mediator (in-progress), call-out mediator and the enhanced support for the
> > GET requests and some more transport level improvements.
> >
> > There are a few JIRAs yet to work on,
> >
> > SYNAPSE-189
> > SYNAPSE-184
> > SYNAPSE-188
> > SYNAPSE-180
> > SYNAPSE-178
> > SYNAPSE-175
> >
> > and there are number of issues that has been already fixed on the svn
> > trunk.
> >
> > Our planned time line for the final release is mid January (hopefully with
> > becoming a TLP) and we will be doing a few qa and beta releases frequently
> > before the release.
> >
> > devs, is there any thing that I have missed or any thing that can be added
> > to synapse for this release?
> > users, is there any thing that need to be fixed or added to this release?
> > Please speak up now.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ruwan
> >
> > --