synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruwan Linton" <ru...@apache.org>
Subject POJOCommand mediator synatx
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 06:10:53 GMT
Hi devs,

Now POJOCommand mediator supports both set properties to the object and
getting them from the object to the message back with using the action
attribute. Paul and I had a chat about this syntax and though of using
somewhat similar to the notations of the AnnotatedCommand mediator, so the
new effective configuration is going to be like following;

<pojoCommand name="class-name">
  <property name="string" value="literal">
      either literal or XML child
  </property>
  <property name="string" context-name="string" action=("UpdateContext" |
"ReadContext" | "ReadAndUpdateContext")>
  <property name="string" expression="XPATH expression"
action=("ReadMessage" | "UpdateMessage" | "ReadAndUpdateMessage")/>
</pojoCommand>

For the name value pair properties and name and xml child properties there
is no action because it is always going to be Read to the Command object but
not going to be Updates.

Do we need to support mix of these actions as well? For example if one needs
to read the command property as a name value pair and update the message
with that property as a message property as illustrated bellow;

set xyz="ruwan"
execute
get xyz => //request/person/name

if we form a single action for this it is going to be
["ReadValueAndUpdateMessage"]

WDYT?

Thanks,
Ruwan