synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruwan Linton" <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EMail mediator configuration
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 01:00:14 GMT
Hi Sanjiva,

Please see my comments inline,

On Dec 20, 2007 6:12 PM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:

> Ruwan Linton wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have implemented an EMail mediator with the following configuration.
> > (For the moment that configuration contains the username and the
> > password in plain text)
> >
> > <sendMail>
> >  <protocol host="string" port="int"/>
>
> What does "protocol" mean here??

I think I misused the word protocol in here. I couldn't find a better name
to specify the mail server host address and the port pair. Do you have any
more meaningful suggestions for the name of this tag?

> >  <authentication user="string" password="string"/>
> >  <recipient type=("to"|"cc"|"bcc") address="string"
> personalName="String"/>
>
> IMO this should be <to address=""/>, <cc address=""/> etc..
>
> Also, there's no need to have personalName anywhere- there's a standard
> format to type an address that contains a personal name:
>        "Personal Name <person@example.com>""

Well, we can support both, I was trying to stick to the javax.mail API. We
can change the recipient tag to the specific types, I thought this is
convenient.

Thanks,
Ruwan

--