synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: POJO command model plus annotations
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:10:21 GMT
Ant

Can I propose the following syntax as slightly neater:

@Namespaces({ "prefix:http://blah", "anotherprefix:http://"}) - an array of
strings - each string is "prefix:uri"
CLASS, FIELD, METHOD

@ReadFromMessage("/xpath/")
FIELD AND METHOD - METHOD must be a setter

@UpdateMessage("/xpath");
FIELD AND METHOD - METHOD must be a getter

@ReadAndUpdate("/xpath");
Only applies to a field

Paul

On Dec 3, 2007 1:10 PM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> namespace prefix or with "ns", "ns1", "ns2"..."ns5". Thats on both the class
> and field/method so that enables defining two arbitrary namespace prefixes
> and if you need more than that you have to use the ns or ns1 to ns5
> prefixes.  Maybe someone can think of a better way of doing this?
>
> You have to define the soap enveloper and header or body tags in the xpath
> witch doesn't seem great. Maybe it would be better to have something like
> separate annotations for the headers and body.
>
> I'm also wondering again if it may be simpler to have a single annotation
> instead of the ReadFromMessage/ReadAndUpdate/UpdateMessage ones, and have
> the method being a getter/setter determine if its read or update and fields
> always do read and update.
>
> Anyway open to review, what to people think?
>
>    ...ant
>

> On Nov 20, 2007 12:38 PM, Paul Fremantle < pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Aha
> >
> > That is quite cunning. So in other words, if you annotate the field then
> > we assume to get it before execute and set it after.
> >
> > If you annotate the getter then we only get, annotate the setter we only
> > set.
> >
> > I like the model, but I'd like to make the annotations match the action.
> >
> > So:
> > @namespace(ns="http://fremantle.org);
> > @ReadFromMessage(xpath="/ns:quote/Symbol")
> > public void setSymbol(String symbol) {

> > }
> >
> > @UpdateMessage(xpath="/")
> > public OMElement getPayload() {
> >    // return an OMElement
> > }
> >
> > @ReadAndUpdate(xpath="blah")
> > String symbol = null;
> >
> > // expecting getters and setters:
> > String getSymbol() { }
> > void setSymbol(String s) { }
> >
> > Does that make sense?
> >
> > Since XPaths can logically refer to Strings, Booleans and Integers as
> > well as XML, I suggest we support those as property types in the class too.
> >
> > Paul
> >

> > On Nov 20, 2007 12:30 PM, ant elder <antelder@apache.org > wrote:
> >
> > > I'm not sure it needs a getter/setter generated or the type attribute
> > > specified on the property annottaion.  The @property annotation could be
> > > used on either a field or getter/setter method:
> > >
> > >    @property(name="symbol")
> > >    String value
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > >    @property(name="symbol")
> > >    public void setValue(String s) {
> > >       value = s;
> > >    }
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > >    @property(name="symbol")
> > >    public String getValue() {
> > >       return value;
> > >    }
> > >
> > > The annotation is associated with the field or method so the type can
> > > easily be introspected from that.
> > >
> > > Also, when the annotation is associated with a method you can see if
> > > its a getter or a setter so the action can be determined from the method

IDEs we can

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > Co-Founder and VP of Technical Sales, WSO2
> > OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
> >
> > blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> > paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle