synapse-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From ali_khan <faisalalikhan2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Amazon proxy unable to forward request to amazon search service
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:35:51 GMT


Hi,

I am not able to access telnet service from my machine since it is not
allowed. However our networking guys are able to connect to
webservices.amazon.com from telnet (I will send this output to you soon ). 

The following url also throws (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) from our
networking ppl browser.
http://webservices.amazon.com/onca/soap?Service=AWSECommerceService&AWSAccessKeyId=0GGBQRMT1MHNNDN5BY02&Operation=ItemLookup&IdType=ASIN&ItemId=0706922611

So in summary:
1. If I get telnet permission from Networking deptt, will it going to help
me anyway?
2. Has anybody ever accessed amazon service from synapse using soap?
3. Should I try REST now, if yes then please also send the corresponding
REST request XML.

Thanks
faisal



asankha wrote:
> 
> Faisal
>> I get (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error)
>>
>> I think the soap requests are being blocked by proxy.
>>   
> I did the same from my office network (behind a proxy) over Firefox and
> got a blank page for
> 
> http://webservices.amazon.com/onca/soap?Service=AWSECommerceService&AWSAccessKeyId=0GGBQRMT1MHNNDN5BY02&Operation=ItemLookup&IdType=ASIN&ItemId=0706922611
> 
> When I manually telnet to Amazon I get the HTTP 500
> 
> asankha@asankha:~$ telnet webservices.amazon.com 80
> Trying 72.21.207.4...
> Connected to webservices.amazon.com.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> GET
> /onca/soap?Service=AWSECommerceService&AWSAccessKeyId=0GGBQRMT1MHNNDN5BY02&Operation=ItemLookup&IdType=ASIN&ItemId=0706922611
> HTTP/1.0
> 
> HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error
> Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 09:43:29 GMT
> Server: Server
> x-amz-id-1: 16STA913H4W6234A8DA6
> x-amz-id-2: GqEdu9FIxEaGpTcMA3eIn6RVUrMbMV4rVfkaSfmEZg4=
> Cneonction: close
> Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
> *Vary: Accept-Encoding,User-Agent*
> Content-Length: 0
> Cneonction: close
> X-Cache: MISS from squid.lk.wso2.com
> X-Cache-Lookup: MISS from squid.lk.wso2.com:3128
> Via: 1.0 squid.lk.wso2.com:3128 (squid/2.6.STABLE13)
> Connection: close
> 
> Connection closed by foreign host.
> asankha@asankha:~$
> 
> But I don't think this is wrong.. as Amazon must be expecting a POST
> here.. the best I could try now is to ask you to manually try this from
> the command line (without Synapse) first.. See the text file I have
> attached for more details. First you should open a command line, and
> telnet to the amazon server. Then you copy line by line from the
> attached text file, and press enter on your telnet session. You repeat
> this for POST..., SOAPAction..., and Content-Length.. lines, and press
> enter twice. Then copy the text from <?xml version='... ....Envelope>
> and paste to the telnet session and press enter twice. You should get
> something like the following. You should now send this output to me :)
> 
> asankha
> 
> asankha@asankha:~$ telnet webservices.amazon.com 80
> Trying 72.21.207.4...
> Connected to webservices.amazon.com.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> POST /onca/soap?Service=AWSECommerceService HTTP/1.0
> SOAPAction: urn:ItemLookup
> Content-Length: 754
> 
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><soapenv:Envelope
> xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"><soapenv:Header><wsa:To>http://webservices.amazon.com/onca/xml?Service=AWSECommerceService&amp;AWSAccessKeyId=0GGBQRMT1MHNNDN5BY02</wsa:To><wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:74CDA5F8B64F745F3A1199264726665</wsa:MessageID><wsa:Action>urn:ItemLookup</wsa:Action></soapenv:Header><soapenv:Body><m:ItemLookup
> xmlns:m="http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-03-23"><m:Request><m:ContentType>text/html</m:ContentType><m:IdType>ASIN</m:IdType><m:ItemId>0706922611</m:ItemId><m:SubscriptionId>0525E2PQ81DD7ZTWTK82</m:SubscriptionId></m:Request></m:ItemLookup></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
> HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 10:09:20 GMT
> Server: Server
> x-amz-id-1: 0GAN7BJ9SR24FTX0HG7E
> x-amz-id-2: Q3Yoq5UiMLMu8DurnJDykFv6Lk0x6qBN9VJd1orfd+c=
> nnCoection: close
> Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
> Vary: Accept-Encoding,User-Agent
> X-Cache: MISS from squid.lk.wso2.com
> X-Cache-Lookup: MISS from squid.lk.wso2.com:3128
> Via: 1.0 squid.lk.wso2.com:3128 (squid/2.6.STABLE13)
> Connection: close
> 
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope
> xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><SOAP-ENV:Body><ItemLookupResponse
> xmlns="http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-03-23"><OperationRequest><HTTPHeaders><Header
> Name="UserAgent"></Header></HTTPHeaders><RequestId>0GAN7BJ9SR24FTX0HG7E</RequestId><Arguments><Argument
> Name="Service"
> Value="AWSECommerceService"></Argument></Arguments><RequestProcessingTime>0.0152559280395508</RequestProcessingTime></OperationRequest><Items><Request><IsValid>True</IsValid><ItemLookupRequest><IdType>ASIN</IdType><ItemId>0706922611</ItemId></ItemLookupRequest></Request><Item><ASIN>0706922611</ASIN><DetailPageURL>http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html%3FASIN=0706922611%26tag=ws%26lcode=sp1%26cID=2025%26ccmID=165953%26location=/o/ASIN/0706922611%253FSubscriptionId=0525E2PQ81DD7ZTWTK82</DetailPageURL><ItemAttributes><Author>Arun
> Shourie</Author><Manufacturer>Vikas</Manufacturer><ProductGroup>Book</ProductGroup><Title>Mrs
> Gandhi's second
> reign</Title></ItemAttributes></Item></Items></ItemLookupResponse></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>Connection
> closed by foreign host.
> asankha@asankha:~$
> 
> telnet webservices.amazon.com 80
> 
> POST /onca/soap?Service=AWSECommerceService HTTP/1.0
> SOAPAction: urn:ItemLookup
> Content-Length: 754
> 
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><soapenv:Envelope
> xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"><soapenv:Header><wsa:To>http://webservices.amazon.com/onca/xml?Service=AWSECommerceService&amp;AWSAccessKeyId=0GGBQRMT1MHNNDN5BY02</wsa:To><wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:74CDA5F8B64F745F3A1199264726665</wsa:MessageID><wsa:Action>urn:ItemLookup</wsa:Action></soapenv:Header><soapenv:Body><m:ItemLookup
> xmlns:m="http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-03-23"><m:Request><m:ContentType>text/html</m:ContentType><m:IdType>ASIN</m:IdType><m:ItemId>0706922611</m:ItemId><m:SubscriptionId>0525E2PQ81DD7ZTWTK82</m:SubscriptionId></m:Request></m:ItemLookup></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: synapse-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: synapse-dev-help@ws.apache.org
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Amazon-proxy-unable-to-forward-request-to-amazon-search-service-tp14526765p14618823.html
Sent from the Synapse - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: synapse-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: synapse-dev-help@ws.apache.org


Mime
View raw message