synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Mehdi Ait Oufkir" <me...@yousendit.com>
Subject Re: Adding STOMP transport protocol in synapse
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 03:14:04 GMT
Hi Rajith,

I got your point.
If my understanding is right:
AMPQ would allow my server to read from a queue (the way STOMP could) since
you already have a client in C++ that can read from a MOM that supports
AMQP.
The issue now is that synapse doesn¹t support (yet) AMQP natively. So the
server would have to talk directly to the MOM (something I don¹t want).
What is the status of the dev of AMQP support for synapse and which MOM
supports AMQP?

Mehdi.

On 1/1/08 10:53 AM, "Rajith Attapattu" <rajith77@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mehdi,
>
> I hate to sound like a salesman, but AMQP does provide the interoperability
> and cross language support you are looking for.
> I know you are looking for something based on STOMP, but AMQP is a protocol
> that will have a lot more support in the future.
> So it's worth giving it some thought. (There are other goodies that come with
> AMQP as well..)
>
> Apache Qpid does have a JMS implementation over AMQP.So you can use AMQP with
> synapse as we have a JMS transport.
> I have also started writing a native AMQP transport for Synapse as well.
> The flip side is we only have a c++ client. So u may need to figure out how to
> use that within "c" code. (I am no expert, but I heard u can do that, but has
> portability issues). If u have a "c" client then you could get a PHP binding
> so you can have a PHP client too.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajith Attapattu
> Red Hat
> blog: http://rajith.2rlabs.com/
>
> On Dec 29, 2007 4:46 PM, mehdi ait oufkir <mehdi@yousendit.com> wrote:
>> Paul,
>>
>> I know I can do that. But I don't want to have my server to talk directly to
>> activemq.
>> So I would have, On the client side something like.
>>
>> Client<----STOMP---->Synapse<---JMS--->Activemq
>> The client is in php.
>>
>> On the server side:
>> Activemq<----JMS---->Synapse<----STOMP--->Server.
>> My server is in C.
>>
>> I don't know if it's the best way to do it. But I don't want to have neither
>> my client, nor my server coupled to activemq.
>>
>> My goal is to enable asynchronous web-services thru a queue mechanism, but
>> to my knowledge PHP and C can't talk JMS.
>>
>> Let me know if I'm going the wrong way.
>>
>> Concerning the build of synapse. Do you have some documentation somewhere or
>> can I build it from eclipse. I have heard about maven but I'm not familiar
>> at all with it, I know more about ant.
>>
>> Mehdi.

Thus the
JMS