synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding STOMP transport protocol in synapse
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2008 18:53:19 GMT
Mehdi,

I hate to sound like a salesman, but AMQP does provide the interoperability
and cross language support you are looking for.
I know you are looking for something based on STOMP, but AMQP is a protocol
that will have a lot more support in the future.
So it's worth giving it some thought. (There are other goodies that come
with AMQP as well..)

Apache Qpid does have a JMS implementation over AMQP.So you can use AMQP
with synapse as we have a JMS transport.
I have also started writing a native AMQP transport for Synapse as well.
The flip side is we only have a c++ client. So u may need to figure out how
to use that within "c" code. (I am no expert, but I heard u can do that, but
has portability issues). If u have a "c" client then you could get a PHP
binding so you can have a PHP client too.

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
blog: http://rajith.2rlabs.com/