synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: synapse-http-transport improvement proposal
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:20:24 GMT

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 10:23 +0800, xuhongbo wrote:
> Hi, asankha:
>
> Last saturday and sunday, I have discussed the synapse-http-transport patch with Oleg.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-248
>
> My thought is http-core-nio support a feature to maintain http-request-response conversation,
While Oleg's thought is to support proxy session in synapse-transport to facilitate conversation
check.

> I thing both of them could be adopted, you can balance between them.
>
> (Because http-request-response conversation feature is just a thought, so maintain session
in synapse-transport will be more applicable. I suggest)

> xuhongbo

Folks

Is there any interest in working on the NHttp transport improvements in
the foreseeable future? I, for one, would like to see the NHttp
transport becoming less tightly coupled with Axis2 and evolving into a
more generic transport capable of transferring any arbitrary content,
with Axis2 being just one possible transformation engine. Does this fit
into your mid / long term plans?

Oleg