synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: synapse-http-transport improvement proposal
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2008 23:34:10 GMT
Oleg

I would really like to evolve to support full proxy and reverse proxy.
I had kind of imagined this would be sort of half in Synapse, half
out. In other words, the HTTP level stuff would all be in the
transport, but I'd still like to be able to use Synapse mediators on
the resulting content - if desired.

But I think we could meet both needs.

Does that make sense?

Paul

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

>  On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 18:49 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
>  > Hi Oleg
>  > > Is there any interest in working on the NHttp transport improvements in
>  > > the foreseeable future?
>  > I am currently working on some improvements from Synapse pov right now..
>  > but am traveling this week and may not be able to commit anything
>  > >  I, for one, would like to see the NHttp
>  > > transport becoming less tightly coupled with Axis2 and evolving into a
>  > > more generic transport capable of transferring any arbitrary content,
>  > > with Axis2 being just one possible transformation engine.
>  > I am not sure I understand what exactly you mean here..
>  >

>  Hi Asankha
>
>  Sorry for not being clear. Ideally I would like to be able to run NHttp
>  transport separately from the rest of Synapse and use it as a reverse
>  proxy for any arbitrary content, say HTML
>
>  Oleg
>

>  > asankha
>  >
>  > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@synapse.apache.org