synapse-dev mailing list archives

From cmurali <chakravart...@sddc.army.mil>
Subject Define listening IP for synapse
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:55:20 GMT

Hi asankha

Thanks for your reply. I added the following to axis2.xml. It still binds to
all the IP addresses as shown by the netstat command.

        <parameter name="bind-address"
locked="false">wlserver-qa</parameter>
       <parameter name="port">6672</parameter>

callisto% netstat -na | grep -i listen | grep 667
      *.6672               *.*                0      0 49152      0 LISTEN

Please see Apache web server process attached to only one IP. Syanpse, as
shown below, should bind to only one IP address indicated in axis2.xml. but
it is not.

callisto% netstat -na | grep -i listen | grep 808
192.168.0.18.8085          *.*                0      0 49152      0 LISTEN
192.168.0.17.8081          *.*                0      0 49152      0 LISTEN

asankha wrote:

Hi Muralidaran

In your axis2.xml you can configure the address using the "bind-address"
parameter

e.g.

<transportReceiver name="http"
class="org.apache.synapse.transport.nhttp.HttpCoreNIOListener">
        <parameter name="port">8080</parameter>
        <parameter name="non-blocking">true</parameter>
        <parameter name="bind-address" locked="false">hostname or IP
address</parameter>
        <!--parameter name="WSDLEPRPrefix"
locked="false">https://apachehost:port/somepath</parameter-->
    </transportReceiver>

If you frontend the Synapse server with a [load balancing] Apache etc. you
can use the WSDLEPRPrefix parameter to tell Synapse http/s transports how
they should prefix the service addresses for access from outside

In future, can you post these types of questions to Synapse-user list, for
the benefit of others as well..

cheers
asankha

Chakravarthy, Muralidaran (contractor) wrote:

	Hi Asankha

	I want to Define listening IP for synapse because we have more than one IP
	for the given box and we want to run multiple synapse servers for different
	environment. I see that in the wrapper.conf file we have defined a lot of
	properties out of which the port is one (please see below)

	wrapper.java.additional.8=-Dport=6672

	Please let me know what property should I use to set the listen IP?

	Thanks,
	Muralidaran Chakravarthy