synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: [Axis2][Proposal] Move JMS / Async NIO transports out of Axis2 into Synapse
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:09:33 GMT
I would propose to leave the transports in Synapse but to have a
distinct Maven module for each protocol, with the minimal set of
dependencies required for that protocol implementation. This would
allow Axis2 users to include these transport easily in their Maven
builds. It would also be interesting to Synapse users: As an example,
I have a project where I package Synapse together with the relevant
config files into a WAR. With Synapse 1.1.1, the WAR takes 24MB, with
the latest snapshots, 32MB. The dependencies for the FIX protocol
(which I will never use) alone take more than 4MB. Having different
Maven modules for the various transports would allow better control of
what is included in the packaging.

Andreas