synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject [VOTE] [Proposal] WS-Commons transports project
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:42:56 GMT
[ Please refer to this thread for context :
   http://markmail.org/message/lg3giq5kj74gjnxb
]

OK, let me make a concrete proposal here.

I hereby propose that we kick off a ws-commons "transports" project.  As
with the other ws-commons projects, this would have its own release
schedule.  All current ws-all committers would have commit rights, and
we'd add anyone from the Synapse team that would like to work on
transports, and isn't already a committer.

Each transport within ws-commons Transports would be a separate
releasable artifact, i.e. "org.apache.ws.transports.jms" etc... and each
such transport would be releasable on its own with an appropriate VOTE
of the ws-commons committers.

We'd use commons-dev and commons-user mailing lists as per usual for
communication, and SVN would be
webservices/commons/trunk/modules/transports.

We'd get started by moving whichever transports in Axis2 and Synapse are
appropriate into the new source tree.

Here's my +1.  Please comment / VOTE at will.

--Glen