synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Asanka Abeysinghe <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Reading Target Address Parameter at Transport Level
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 06:03:17 GMT
Hiranya Jayathilaka wrote:

> In the current FIX transport impl we don't have to define any
> synapse.initiator parameters defined in the FIX URL again in the file
> pointed to by the transport.fix.InitiatorConfigURL. What you are
> suggesting is to define all the parameters defined in the URL again in
> the initiator config file and use that file at the start up to create
> the session. Am I correct?
>
> If this is what you mean I'm +1 for the solution. Will require some
> documentation changes though.

Yes , because we have only two options
[1] Read all the synapse.initiator FIX endpoints in the synapse.xml and
construct the QFJ session config file and handover the session
generation process to QFJ - that we do have technical limitations
[2] Define the sessions in the QFJ session config file and use the
Session string (as a URL) in the address of the endpoint definition -
what we discussed above

I do have a proposal for future (that we can implement in a next
version) to use the "session qualifier" of QFJ and give the option for
the user to use the session qualifier or the current session string (URL
as we call now) in the address endpoint.eg  fix://<session Qualifier>,
that will avoid duplicating the session info in two places.
Asanka A.