synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: creating a Synapse GBean
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 20:03:00 GMT
Matthias
> I was able to deploy the synapse-core.jar in Geronimo, but I believe that's quite useless
without any of the jars from synapse.war, isn't it? I won't be able to launch Synapse with
only having the Synapse Core?

No you can.. we always recommend using the http/s transports based on
java NIO instead of the blocking servlet transports. The standalone
synapse server does not utilize the war, or the servlet transports at
all and you don't need it at all either
> While I deployed the synapse.war (which includes my SynapseServer-GBean), I received
Exceptions when accessing any of my created methods of SynapseServer (e.g. doStart()). The
web.xml says "currently only supports the extracted WAR deployment model". As far as I know,
I can't deploy an extracted WAR within Geronimo.
> Any ideas?

I would propose that you ignore the WAR, and get the core and the
transports JARs as GBeans..

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera