synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruwan Linton" <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to implement ws-eventing and an event distribution model in Synapse
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:01:00 GMT
Paul,

Very nice explanation of the concepts that we have been trying to put
together into the code. Let me add some more to your explanation and refine
the configuration a bit more.

<eventSource name="blah">
    <subscriptionManager
class="org.apache.synapse.events.DefaultInMemorySubscriptionManager">
        <property name="blah">some xml prop</property>
        <property name="other" value="some text property"/>
    </subscriptionManager>
    <staticSubscriptions>
        <subscription id="static1">
            <filter..../>
            <sequence.../>
            <endpoint../>
        </subscription>*
    <staticSubscriptions>?
<eventSource/>

Here I am getting rid of the wsEventing configuration element where you
specify the subscription service and the event source service. So my idea is
we can extend the proxy services model here and create a new
EventingMessageReceiver, which listens for all the requests coming to this
event source. (I must also say at this point event source is now a service
inside synapse and that fits with the model of extending the proxy service
behavior)

This EventingMessageReceiver knows how to filter out the the subscription
messages from the notification messages and it uses the specified
subscription manager if it is a subscription request, and if it is a
notification message this receiver will delegate the request to the event
publisher where you find the set of subscribers with matching filter
conditions and execute the mediation sequence and then send the event to the
specified endpoint.

Paul, what do you think about this implementation. I am halfway through the
implementation and can have a look at this in the weekend :-) I have
attached an architecture diagram which explains this concept a little more
and that explains that the event source itself is now exposed as a service
to which you can send subscriptions and notifications.

Thanks,
Ruwan