synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Making sequences addressable
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:58:19 GMT
Folks

Here is a pattern I have often used in Synapse:
* set up a task to inject an empty message, with address "urn:dbquery"
* set up a filter on the main sequence to look for "urn:dbquery"
* call a sequence

This is easy enough, but its not very beautiful, and you could end up
with a messy config after a few of these. So I can think of two
options to make it simpler (and I guess/hope you will all think of
more)

1. Have Tasks and anything else that injects a message optionally take
a sequence name, or even better a target (inseq, outseq, endpoint)
like proxy does.
2. Have a well known URI scheme that can target sequences or
endpoints: e.g. set the to: address to be "sequence:dbquery" which
then calls sequence named dbquery.

Thoughts, suggestions, etc?

Paul

--