synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dispatcher timeout from proxy
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:02:42 GMT
Hi Michael

First of all, you need to subscribe to the mailing lists before you
post,.. see [0], else you will not see our replies in future..

> I have a proxy service based on the VFS proxy. The problem is that I
> want to increase the amount of time that expires before the service
> gives up. Watching the output of synapse, I see that there is a message:
>

> [I/O dispatcher 7] DEBUG ServerHandler HTTP connection
> [sblade/10.10.20.18:56409] : timeout
>

> This timeout occurs after 60 seconds which is not enough time for the
> request to complete.
>

> Is there a solution for increasing the timeout value?

This has now been improved (i.e. on the trunk code) to support the
endpoint's timeout value [1]. With Synapse 1.2, you can set the global
socket timeout by dropping a file named nhttp.properties into your
classpath (e.g. lib directory), and adjusting the following property as
required, into this file (the value is in milli seconds)

http.socket.timeout=60000

cheers
asankha

[0] http://synapse.apache.org/mail-lists.html