synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiranya Jayathilaka" <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding a Field to the AlgorithmContext
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:30:49 GMT
Hi Devs,

Currently Synapse uses a class called AlgorithmContext to pass various
parameters to the load balance algorithm implementations.  At the moment it
can be used to pass the endpoint index values and the configuration context
objects. This works fine with the round robin load balance algorithm which
is the only load balance algorithm in Synapse at the moment. However when
developing more advanced load balance algorithm implementations we might
want to pass several other parameters using the AlgorithmContext.

In order to fulfill this requirement I would like to suggest adding a new
field (of type Object) to the AlgorithmContext class along with the
necessary getter-setter methods.

This addition does not change the existing functionality at all. What do you
folks think?

Thanks

Best Regards,
Hiranya