synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Hubert, Eric" <Eric.Hub...@foxmobile.com>
Subject RE: SYNAPSE-357 Provide a switch to send mediator to specify whether to build the envelope before sending or not
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 06:22:30 GMT
> My suggestions are:
> <send>
>   <property name="BUILD_ENVELOPE" value="true"/>
>   <... other such properties.../>
>   <endpoint ...../>
> </send>
+1

I thought exactly the same while reading the original mail. The short name with "env" could
be quite confusing for new users which are not the deeply involved into the technical details.
There is often an association Env --> Environment.
I also think that the property approach fits well, especially if more properties will follow.

> OR/AND
>
> <send>
>   <endpoint ....>
>     <property name="BUILD_ENVELOPE" value="true"/>
>     <... other such properties.../>
>   </endpoint>
> </send>

I'm not that sure about this one due to missing use cases in mind. Asankha, could you give
some examples? I wouldn't like this as an replacement of the above option (OR), but would
also not be against it as an alternative (AND).

Regards,
   Eric