synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Hubert, Eric" <Eric.Hub...@foxmobile.com>
Subject RE: startup order - correct place to start transport listeners
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2009 09:35:02 GMT
Hi all,

hmm, I quickly tried to change the order and it seems to work without problems.

> This is a side effect of the historical and now burned-in dependency on
> Axis2.. In Synapse, the startup script actually starts Axis2, and then
> again gets triggered on the startup of Axis2, for the actual Synapse
> initialization

Are you sure this is still the case? I noticed Axis2 is calling init() of class SynapseInitializationModule.
But recently the implementation of this method has been completely removed (change by Indika
on 02.03.2009). Now Synapse seems to initialize more independently of Axis2. I could be wrong,
as I still don't know the code very well.

> I do not think this would be possible.. but please feel free to explore
> any possibilities
I just tried it out and it looks like working. I would post a patch for review, but unfortunately
my working file of Axis2SynapseController.java also contains my changes for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-526

So I would first need to get a clean copy from the repo and merge only those changes to provide
a useful diff to illustrate the changes.

Regards,
   Eric