synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Hubert, Eric" <Eric.Hub...@foxmobile.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release plan for Synapse 1.3
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 06:09:27 GMT
+1

The only task I would like to add is validating the current startup process, as I find it
quite important.

Although it is normal within Apache projects to run in CTR and I’m generally a big fan,
I think before big changes it would make sense to discuss the details a bit more on the list.
My impression as someone currently still not that deep involved into the Synapse development
process is, that there is a risk to get developers too much out of sync, even in critical
areas. Big changes touching a lot of files also impose the risk that other developers just
don’t find the appropriate time to review those changes (especially if they are not asked
to do a review).

On the other hand those changes may of course be necessary and move a project into the right
direction. So I find it important to encourage even big changes but coordinate them more thoroughly.

Regards,

   Eric

[ x] +1 Release Synapse-1.3 according to this plan