synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Offer to support Synapse development
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 04:49:30 GMT
Hi Eric
> Since more than a year I've been actively following the Synapse users and dev mailings
lists. Some of you may have also noticed my efforts to improve Synapse from a user's perspective
by reporting bugs and submitting feature requests including implementation ideas and minor
code contributions.
> I would like to extend this support in the direction of active code development.

This is great news.. I truly appreciate all your help in the past to
improve the NIO transport, endpoints and JMX support
> My personal interests regarding Synapse concentrate on the http transports, Hessian application
protocol usage, server management, monitoring, the improvement of error logs for faster problem
recognition, full JDK 6 compatibility, and the separation of implementation and API supporting
custom development of mediators.
> Besides this I'm willing to contribute also in other areas, but those are the ones my
focus is on.

> The only question is where to start? I don't think it makes much sense to provide dozens
of small code fixes in a great number of patches (per class or package). Too much work during
review. A big patch touching too much files is even worse. Small and independent changes are
important for a suitable review process.

Do you have any specific JDK 6 stuff in mind? The main issue I see is
with the BSF mediator.. but I would still like to continue the JDK 1.5
support going forward

cheers
asankha

--