synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release plan for Synapse 1.3
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 05:48:07 GMT
+1 for the release plan and +1 for JDK 1.6 compliance testing. Apparently
there are some significant performance improvements in JDK 1.6 compared to
JDK 1.5 and hence it would be a huge advantage to support JDK 1.6.
Thanks,
Hiranya

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:22 AM, Ruwan Linton <ruwan.linton@gmail.com>wrote:

> +1 for the plan.
>
> I want to add to this that we need to test this release thoroughly on the
> JDK-1.6. I heard @ApacheCon that the JDK-1.6 version is much more faster
> than the JDK-1.5
>
> Thanks,
> Ruwan
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:09 AM, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@apache.org>wrote:
>
>>  Hi All
>>
>> I would like to keep the Synapse 1.3 release date semi-flexible, since
>> Axis2, Rampart, Transports etc are gearing up for their releases too, and we
>> depend on them. Since we are making a major release almost after an year, we
>> need to ensure that the quality of this release is at the expected level.
>> Thus I would like to try to fix dates for the initial QA builds, and the
>> defects we could/should cover for them from the Synapse codebase pov. (See
>> the end of this message)
>>
>> Lets plan for the 1st QA build on the 12th of April, followed by a weekly
>> QA build every Monday thereafter until we are able to create release
>> candidates. These builds would be taken off the nightly build process, and
>> QA'ed. We need to get the users also to help us test the builds, and I would
>> like to know if Evanthika and any others would be able to spend some
>> professional QA time on these builds.
>>
>> We would target to have a pre-release candidate (i.e. ann POMs, documents
>> etc almost ready..) by the end of April - probably before or along with an
>> Axis2 1.5 RC. Once Axis2 1.5/Transports 1.0 and Rampart 1.4 becomes
>> available, we will release the first official release candidate, and update
>> it every Monday until the final release artifact is voted on.
>>
>> Please vote for this process, or suggest any improvements:
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------->8--------------------------------------------------
>> [ ] +1 Release Synapse-1.3 according to this plan
>> [ ]  0
>> [ ] -1 With Reasons, Suggestions / Comments
>>
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>

>> Here are the list of Synapse issues I would want to fix for 1.3 as of now.
>> I have attached an XLS of these issues as well, so that anyone could read
>> these clearly, if the email formatting gets messed up.
>>
>> thanks
>> asankha
>>
>>   *Priority* *Issue Type* *Key* *Summary* *Assignee* *Reporter* *Priority
>> *  Minor Bug SYNAPSE-493<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-493>
Synapse
>> sets the HttpCoreRequestResponseTransport status value to INITIAL Ruwan
>> Linton Amila Chinthaka Suriarachchi Major  Good to fix Bug SYNAPSE-419<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-419>
NullPointerException
>> thrown when trying out SwA optimization when the required service is not
>> available Ruwan Linton Evanthika Amarasiri Major  Check Bug SYNAPSE-418<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-418>
JMSSender#processSyncResponse
>> incorrectly sets serverSide to true Asankha C. Perera Andreas Veithen
>> Major  Minor Bug SYNAPSE-410<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-410>
Replace
>> lib\endorsed\xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar Unassigned Paul Fremantle Major  Good to
>> fix Bug SYNAPSE-186<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-186>
Better
>> support for HTTP in the NIO transport Asankha C. Perera Paul Fremantle
>> Major  Check Bug SYNAPSE-436<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-436>
Synapse-1.2
>> incorrectly sets the JMSReplyDestination Type Andreas Veithen Tanmay saha
>> Major  Good to fix Bug SYNAPSE-431<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-431>
Problem
>> when passing a String array through a proxy service Asankha C. Perera sumedha
>> rubasinghe Major  Good to fix Bug SYNAPSE-398<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-398>
RM
>> two-way invocation failed with Synapse Ruwan Linton Evanthika Amarasiri
>> Major  Good to fix Bug SYNAPSE-348<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-348>
After
>> performance improvments switching from serialize() to serializeAndConsume(),
>> MTOM fails to serialize attachments Asankha C. Perera Asankha C. Perera
>> Major  Must fix Bug SYNAPSE-352<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-352>
Namespace
>> issues of generated SOAP faults Ruwan Linton Evanthika Amarasiri Major  Good
>> to fix Bug SYNAPSE-381<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-381>
FIX
>> session with the Acceptor endpoint failes when restarts the Synapse instance
>> Unassigned Asanka Abeysinghe Major  Good to fix Bug SYNAPSE-330<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-330>
Load
>> balancing with session affinity using the soap session is not working Ruwan
>> Linton Ruwan Linton Major  Must fix Bug SYNAPSE-393<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-393>
Convertion
>> not complete when using SOAPUtils.convertSOAP11toSOAP12() Unassigned Laurent
>> CHARTIER Major  Good to fix Bug SYNAPSE-386<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-386>
>> with HTTP Status codes don't always get returned to the client.
>> Unassigned Leander Harding Major  Check Bug SYNAPSE-501<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-501>
validate
>> mediator strips off namespace: result valid messages are rejected. Andreas
>> Veithen harm verhagen Major  Minor Bug SYNAPSE-524<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-524>
Patches
>> are not applied to the WAR distribution Andreas Veithen Andreas Veithen
>> Major  Minor Bug SYNAPSE-528<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-528>
Synapse
>> doesn't warn the user about pending callbacks Unassigned Andreas Veithen
>> Minor  Good to fix Bug SYNAPSE-496<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-496>
Out
>> Action always urn:mediateResponse instead of value returned from server Asankha
>> C. Perera Bill Majurski Minor  Later Bug SYNAPSE-280<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-280>
Synapse
>> doesn't preserve CDATA sections Andreas Veithen Andreas Veithen Minor
>> Later Bug SYNAPSE-279<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-279>
Avoid
>> dumping of large payloads in LogMediator Andreas Veithen Andreas Veithen
>> Minor  Good to fix Bug SYNAPSE-345<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-345>
SOAP
>> headers MUST be namespace-qualified Unassigned Glen Daniels Minor  Good
>> to fix Bug SYNAPSE-434<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-434>
Concurrency
>> level provided by the mail and VFS transports listeners is insufficient Andreas
>> Veithen Andreas Veithen Minor  Later Bug SYNAPSE-527<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-527>
Transports
>> use TRANSPORT_NON_BLOCKING in an incorrect way Unassigned Andreas Veithen
>> Minor  Minor Bug SYNAPSE-310<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-310>
Axis2FlexibleMEPClient.send
>> logs misleading debug message Ruwan Linton Andreas Veithen Minor  Minor
>> Bug SYNAPSE-489 <https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-489> base
>> URI for XSLT include/import Andreas Veithen mikhailfranco Minor  Minor
>> Bug SYNAPSE-391 <https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-391> Update
>> documentation on Script mediators with a description on 'include keys' Ruwan
>> Linton Evanthika Amarasiri Trivial  Minor Bug SYNAPSE-407<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-407>
#registry
>> anchor not found on Synapse_Configuration_Language.html Unassigned Senaka
>> Fernando Trivial
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-458<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-458>
Allow
>> the property mediator to set Boolean properties Unassigned Paul Fremantle
>> Major
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-477<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-477>
NHTTP
>> transport PUT and DELETE method support Unassigned Supun Kamburugamuva
>> Major
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-239<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-239>
Shutdown
>> should automatically detect the idle state after entering maintenance mode Asankha
>> C. Perera Asankha C. Perera Major
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-485<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-485>
Replace
>> the use of sun.misc.Service with something available on other JDKs Paul
>> Fremantle Paul Fremantle Major
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-284<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-284>
Improve
>> management support in Synapse transports (AbstractTransportListener) Andreas
>> Veithen Andreas Veithen Major  Later Improvement SYNAPSE-438<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-438>
Extend
>> Iterate Mediator to Iterate Synchronously Unassigned Scott Hoggarth Major  Good
>> to fix Improvement SYNAPSE-441<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-441>
Declare
>> the public API of Synapse, so that custom Mediator and Task developers know
>> the boundary between the public API and Synapse internals Asankha C.
>> Perera Asankha C. Perera Major
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-453<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-453>
Support
>> for Mail Attachments Unassigned Stefan Lecho Major  Good to fix
>> Improvement SYNAPSE-457<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-457>
allow
>> dbreport mediator to have a result Unassigned harm verhagen Major  Later
>> Improvement SYNAPSE-112<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-112>
Create
>> a config model based on SCA Unassigned Paul Fremantle Major
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-378<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-378>
Improve
>> the performance of the XSLT mediator Ruwan Linton Ruwan Linton Major  Good
>> to fix Improvement SYNAPSE-357<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-357>
Provide
>> a switch to send mediator to specify whether to build the envelope before
>> sending or not Ruwan Linton Ruwan Linton Major  Later Improvement
>> SYNAPSE-384 <https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-384> Archived
>> Repository and Read-Only Registry Unassigned Tanmay saha Major
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-377<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-377>
Improve
>> MediatorDeployer to support Startups and embedded JARs Andreas Veithen Andreas
>> Veithen Major
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-375<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-375>
Make
>> statistics collection fine grained indika priyantha kumara indika
>> priyantha kumara Major
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-502<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-502>
improve
>> the vfs transport to use temporary file Unassigned Otto Frost Major  Good
>> to fix Improvement SYNAPSE-487<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-487>
Provide
>> a mechanism to get access to client provided X509 Certificate within
>> mediators Asankha C. Perera Lucas Moten Major
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-507<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-507>
Improve
>> vfs sftp transport to handle login with IdentityFile (public/private keys)
>> Unassigned Otto Frost Major
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-333<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-333>
Proposal
>> to improve/consolidate session-affine load balancing options Unassigned Eric
>> Hubert Major
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-421<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-421>
Allow
>> Class mediator properties to be loaded from the Registry Unassigned Senaka
>> Fernando Minor
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-497<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-497>
Synapse
>> Spring Mediator Sample Ruwan Linton Charith Dhanushka Wickramarachchi
>> Minor  Must fix Improvement SYNAPSE-495<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-495>
Spring
>> version update Unassigned Charith Dhanushka Wickramarachchi Minor  Must
>> fix Improvement SYNAPSE-473<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-473>
Synapse
>> Clustering Documentation Unassigned Eric Hubert Minor
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-343<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-343>
Propose
>> a way to handle messages that are received after the first message is
>> processed through the onComplete method of the Aggregate mediator Ruwan
>> Linton Evanthika Amarasiri Minor  Good to fix Improvement SYNAPSE-522<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-522>
Enhance
>> the Send mediator AND/OR Endpoints, to accept properties Unassigned Asankha
>> C. Perera Minor
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-306<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-306>
Merge
>> Hessian and binary message builders/formatters Unassigned Andreas Veithen
>> Minor
>>  Improvement SYNAPSE-526<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-526>
Add
>> server connector to make use of existing MBeans Unassigned Eric Hubert
>> Minor
>>  New Feature SYNAPSE-346<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-346>
Support
>> dynamic deployment of proxy services Ruwan Linton Sumeet Vij Major
>>  New Feature SYNAPSE-329<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-329>
Proxy
>> Service should support engaging only addressing over it Ruwan Linton Ruwan
>> Linton Major
>>  New Feature SYNAPSE-283<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-283>
Create
>> Debian packages for Synapse Andreas Veithen Andreas Veithen Major
>>  New Feature SYNAPSE-383<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-383>
AJP
>> 1.3 Transport Listener/Sender Unassigned Jonathan Holmes Major
>>  New Feature SYNAPSE-385<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-385>
Externalize
>> environment specific variables from xml definition files Unassigned Tanmay
>> saha Major
>>  New Feature SYNAPSE-474<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-474>
Clover
>> Code coverage for Synapse Unassigned Ilanthirayan Paramanathan Major
>> Check New Feature SYNAPSE-180<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-180>
Require
>> the ability to throttle by concurrency within a cluster indika priyantha
>> kumara Asankha C. Perera Major
>>  New Feature SYNAPSE-347<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-347>
Support
>> Dynamic Deployment of Tasks Unassigned Scott Hoggarth Major
>>  New Feature SYNAPSE-263<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-263>
Implementing
>> a message store/ message redelivery Unassigned Jens Goldhammer Major
>>  New Feature SYNAPSE-282<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-282>
Allow
>> Synapse to consume syslog events Andreas Veithen Andreas Veithen Minor
>>  New Feature SYNAPSE-229<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-229>
Provide
>> ability to collect and expose statistics and performance information at
>> better granularity Asankha C. Perera Asankha C. Perera Minor
>>  New Feature SYNAPSE-411<https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-411>
Expanded