synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Ruwan Linton <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SMS transport for axis2
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:00:42 GMT
This will be important to synapse as well. For example in the case of
alerting and notifications it will be very important to have a SMS
transport.

+1

Thanks,
Ruwan

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Charith Wickramarachchi <
charith.dhanushka@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I m planing to write a SMS transport for axis2 as My GSoC project.From that
> users will be able to invoke web services using a SMSs and also axis2 will
> be able to send SMS massages to the clients.
>
> As a first phase i m thinking of giving support to Simple sms's to invoke
> services (Eg: by providing service name and paramters (like in Rest))
> And also in the Sender side making it enable to Send simple text responces
>
> And as a Sesond phase i will try to handle binery attatchments and SOAP
> content comming with a SMS.(Since now there may insidences that javaME
> mobile clients may able to send recieve SOAP and binery attachments using
> SMSs).
>
> I'm thinking of get the support of SMSLib <http://smslib.org/> or jsmpp<http://code.google.com/p/jsmpp/>libries
to implement this feature(Both projects have Apache License)

--
Ruwan Linton
Senior Software Engineer & Product Manager; WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb