synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Ruwan Linton <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: startup order - correct place to start transport listeners
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:17:50 GMT
Eric,

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Hubert, Eric <Eric.Hubert@foxmobile.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> hmm, I quickly tried to change the order and it seems to work without
> problems.
>
> > This is a side effect of the historical and now burned-in dependency on
> > Axis2.. In Synapse, the startup script actually starts Axis2, and then
> > again gets triggered on the startup of Axis2, for the actual Synapse
> > initialization
>
> Are you sure this is still the case? I noticed Axis2 is calling init() of
> class SynapseInitializationModule.
> But recently the implementation of this method has been completely removed
> (change by Indika on 02.03.2009). Now Synapse seems to initialize more
> independently of Axis2. I could be wrong, as I still don't know the code
> very well.

I just had a look at the changes and realized that this change completely
turned the synapse startup and the architecture upside down. Indika, this
will break the Synapse handler module as well. In other words now synapse is
not initializing as a module of axis2 which I think is wrong and might cause
issues. What was the requirement for this sort of a change?????

Ruwan.

--
Ruwan Linton
Senior Software Engineer & Product Manager; WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb