synapse-dev mailing list archives

From indika kumara <indika.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r753144 - in /synapse/trunk/java/modules: core/src/main/java/org/apache/synapse/mediators/builtin/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/synapse/mediators/db/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/synapse/mediators/eip/aggregator/ core/src/main/java/
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2009 15:23:13 GMT
Hi All

Thanks ALL for valuable feedback ….

Actually, I didn’t do this for any design purpose. Actually, I saw
that AbstractMediator already has implemented the ‘ManagedLifecycle’
(may be due to change for remove two init methods – my wrong) and I
too saw many mediators that extends from AbstractMediator too
implements ‘ManagedLifecycle’. So I removed it, with out thinking
twice - no any design decision. Actually, these days, I am really too
busy due education related things. (Even I replied to these thread,
without thinking twice). As a reason, my concerns about these things
are really low. Even I sometime commit as bulks due to fact I only
work only when I have time (no iterative work). So, thanks for the
reviewing code changes and giving feed back.

For me, enforcing mediator to be have properly managed lifecycle it
good (I didn’t try to do that by my change or even I never think such
a thing when doing change). May be there are no thing to do in this
method (no benefit). Generally, abstraction is not only for code reuse
or benefit. One of great usage is enforcing semantically meaningful
things / behaviors.  Mediator is a one of main abstraction in synapse.
Permitting to access (call mediate) it, only if it is in initialized
state, is semantically meaningful as it creates a secure stand box
around it. Simply, tell that any meaningful abstractions in the
synapse only can be accessed if those have properly initialized. This
may be not having any benefit but may semantically meaningful.

Thanks for review and feedback. I will revert changes. But  I have to
find times. If I could finish my assignments within weekend, I will
definitely do it at this week end.

Thanks
Indika