synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Supun Kamburugamuva <supu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: startup order - correct place to start transport listeners
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:23:21 GMT
Hi Indika,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:02 AM, indika kumara <indika.kuma@gmail.com>wrote:

> If the synapse is run top on axis2 or any other, it should be properly
> initialized and started before initialize synapse.

We are talking about two things here. Initialization and startup. I agree
synapse should inilialize after axis2. Also Synapse should start after
Axis2. But at the moment it seems that Synapse is starting even before it
initializes. The way Synapse is written it is perfectly normal to assume
that it is started when Axis2 is started. But if we do it in the current
way, this assumption is broken and can lead to failures as Eric said. If
Axis2 is initialize properly we can initialize Synapse. As Eric said if both
are successfully initialized we can start Axis2 transports, which
automatically starts Synapse.

Thanks,
Supun.