synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Kim Horn" <kim.h...@icsglobal.net>
Subject RE: Synapse sample 400: Splitting and aggregrating messages - Client times out when running the sample
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 00:46:55 GMT

Tried increasing timeout and no luck, never gets to Synapse (with this install). Just to doublecheck
where did you suggest increasing this value ?
What file ?

In a different machine (another install) it runs but never returns from Axis Server. Same
JVM; same Path etc...

Seems this trunk is still too flaky on Windows ?
On both machines works with release 1.2 but we can't use that :-)

So I give up; wasted too much time on Sample 400. It should just work. To me cousld be another
transport bug in Synapse on Windows so no longer have time to pursue.

Do you know if the SSL proxy is going to be fixed in 1.3; otherwise we may need to evaluate
another ESB;

Kim

-----Original Message-----
From: Asankha Perera on behalf of Asankha C. Perera
Sent: Tue 31/03/2009 14:55
To: dev@synapse.apache.org
Subject: Re: Synapse sample 400: Splitting and aggregrating messages - Client times out when
running the sample

Kim
> Seems like this issues has come back or is a Windows NT thing. Was Jira
> (SYNAPSE-270) but was closed.
> Same error mesage now with Trunk 525 and also with Trunk of 16 March;
> running
> with jdk1.5.0_17 on Windows NT.
>
> Client dump:
>
> url[http://localhost:8280/services/SplitAggregateProxy]
>      [java] java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Are you seeing any errors on the Synapse side? If not, this could be a
harmless client timeout which sometimes is natural, if Synapse took
longer than the SO_TIMEOUT of the client to reply back. Can you check
the Synapse logs, and if nothing is reported, you could increase the
client side socket timeout

cheers
asankha

--