synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom mediator with the snapshot build
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 15:59:49 GMT
Hi Ruwan
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@apache.org
> <mailto:asankha@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     Ruwan / Eric
>
>>     AFAIK, axis2 doesn't support this sort of a aliasing.
>     That may be true with Axis2, but since the NIO transport is still
>     under our control, we should be able to switch this internally
>     special casing this.. If someone raises a JIRA and no developers
>     have objections, I think this would be something good to do
>

> Asankha,
>
> I am not sure I am in favor of this change.... it is going to be sort
> of a hard coded redirection, which cannot be eliminated if we do at
> the transport layer.  Well, if you implement this in a way that it can
> be configured via a parameter in the transport configuration I don't
> have any objection so that we can get rid of this redirection by
> commenting out that parameter, and we can map this to any other value
> if required as well.
The axis2.xml has the following parameter that applies only for HTTP/s..
Since this currently effectively allows only one context for all
services, there will not be a conflict.. I mean all services would be
under /services/xxx anyway.. so anything else would end up in the main
sequence..

<parameter name="servicePath">services</parameter>

What if we overload the above as a comma separated list to say
"services,soap" etc?.. I know its a hack.. and I will only do this if
all of us think it would be good..

The second option is to log a message by default if its sent to
/soap/xxx on the console.. so that the user knows what went wrong..

cheers
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera