Hi,

While preparing the proposal I have done some initial experimental work on the SMPP transport support.

I wrote a experimental InOnly SMPP transport for Axis2 and use it to invoke a service

Here is what i did.

I wrote  SMPP transpot Listener using the jsmpp suppport .And Used SMSCSim to Simulate the ShotMessage Service center

Then i used a Message Format of "<ServiceName> : <OprationName> : <Parameter 1>:<Parameter 2>: ....:<Parameter N> "
like format .

So when a SMS comes it Builds the MessageContext using above paprameters and inject to the AxisEngine

Thank you Sanranga for pointing me to the SMSCSim which is very useful in my initial testing.

I would like to get more feed back from you regarding how this should be implemented and and how to iteratively improve and develop this.

following is how the transport receiver was looked like in the Axis2 Configuration

<transportReceiver name="sms"  class="sample.api.smpp.SMPPReceiver">
        <parameter name="host">127.0.0.1</parameter>
        <parameter name="port">2775</parameter>
        <parameter name="systemType">cp</parameter>
        <parameter name="systemId">smppclient1</parameter>
        <parameter name="password">password</parameter>
</transportReceiver>

thank you,
Charith