synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Saliya Ekanayake <sal...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Error when retrieving mail from GMail
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 18:20:31 GMT
Hi,

I didn't specifically set it. Anyway, while debugging I found that
content type is text/plain and thus, the PlainTextBuilder is used.

One additional thing: the subject of the mail message is always null
inside mail transport. I wrote a simple code fragment to check this on
my own and I could retrieve the subject of a mail message, but inside
the mail transport code this is returned as null. I used javax.mail
1.4 (the transports trunk uses 1.4.x). Do you have any clarification
for this?

Thank you for the support.

Saliya

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Andreas Veithen
<andreas.veithen@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>        at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:334)
>>        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:256)
>>        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:165)
>>        at org.apache.axis2.transport.base.AbstractTransportListener.handleIncomingMessage(AbstractTransportListener.java:325)
>>        at org.apache.axis2.transport.mail.MailTransportListener.processMail(MailTransportListener.java:534)
>>        at org.apache.axis2.transport.mail.MailTransportListener.access$000(MailTransportListener.java:71)
>>        at org.apache.axis2.transport.mail.MailTransportListener$MailProcessor.run(MailTransportListener.java:350)
>>        at org.apache.axis2.transport.mail.MailTransportListener.processMail(MailTransportListener.java:314)
>>        at org.apache.axis2.transport.mail.MailTransportListener.checkMail(MailTransportListener.java:218)
>>        at org.apache.axis2.transport.mail.MailTransportListener.poll(MailTransportListener.java:99)
>>        at org.apache.axis2.transport.mail.MailTransportListener.poll(MailTransportListener.java:71)
>>        at org.apache.axis2.transport.base.AbstractPollingTransportListener$1$1.run(AbstractPollingTransportListener.java:99)
>>        at org.apache.axis2.transport.base.threads.NativeWorkerPool$1.run(NativeWorkerPool.java:58)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>>

>> I debugged into this and found that in the plain text case the
>> PlainTextBuilder builds an OMSourcedElement. The body based dispatcher
>> of Axis2 is thus unable to find the operation for the EPR.
>>
>> Any help on this is highly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Saliya
>>
>> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Andreas Veithen
>> <andreas.veithen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Saliya,
>>>
>>> One problem is that sample 256 is no longer compatible with the way
>>> the mail transport works in the snapshot. More precisely, in previous
>>> versions, the mail transport tried to parse the message as XML and
>>> fell back to plain text in case of error, completely ignoring the
>>> content type of the message. That is why the sample indicates to "send
>>> a plain/text email". This behavior had several issues, in particular
>>> the mail transport didn't use the message builder abstraction.
>>>
>>> Recent versions of the mail transport use the content type of the
>>> message to select a message builder and then delegate parsing of the
>>> message to the builder (in the same way as other transports). I see
>>> two ways one could adapt sample 256:
>>>
>>> - Instead of sending the XML inside the body, send it as attachment.
>>> This is supported by the mail transport, but it is a bit tricky
>>> because the content type of the attachment will depend on the email
>>> client or operation system that is used.
>>>
>>> - Play with the transport.mail.ContentType property to override the

I hit the
line

The
Could someone