synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Supun Kamburugamuva <supu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to introduce a new attribute to WSDLEndpoint configuration
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 04:12:51 GMT
Andreas,

Axis2 traverse the WSDL and attach the policies to the description hierachy.
At the run time it caculates the policy. But this method is not possible
with Synapse, since we are using predefined axis2 services and operations in
the Synapse client side.

On the other hand it is difficult to find the operation (which is normally
done by Axis2 dispatchers) from the incoming message in the client side.
Even if we get to know the operation some how, we have to calculate the
policy at run time. We may need to traverse the WSDL again or we may have to
store all the policies and information in the WSDL for calculating this at
run time.

At the moment WSDL endpoint has an option for specifying in message policy
and out message policy. If the operation is determined at the run time,
theoretically these policies should vary according to the incoming message.

Thanks,
Supun..

WSDL Endpoint allows the user to specify the in policy and out policy.