synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XPath evaluation doesn't work on resources picked from registry
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 23:15:03 GMT
StAXOMBuilder actually already creates an OMDocument (which can be
retrieved by the getDocument method). The important thing is that we
need to make sure that the Axiom tree is fully built before closing
the input stream. I guess that the detach method is used because it
has the side effect of fully building the element and because
OMDocument has no method to build the entire tree (see WSCOMMONS-479).

This gives us two solutions:

- Use StAXOMBuilder#getDocument and iterate over its children to make
sure the document is fully built.
- Continue to use "detach" and add the element to a new document, as
you suggested. Note that you should not use OMDocumentImpl directly,
but create it using the OMFactory.

Andreas