synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Rajika Kumarasiri <raj...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: DBreport mediator and tx mediator
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:13:39 GMT
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@apache.org>wrote:
hi again,
I think I need to give more details about this. This attribute was
introduced to disable the commit operation of the DBReport mediator as I
described earlier. Since we use this in a distributed transaction we can't
use the con.setAutoCommit(false) ( where con is an object of
java.sql.Connection) since that'd be a JDBC spec. violation.  The patch
should provide more clarifications. What I want to say is autocommit and
useTransaction are two things.  Setting autocommit will let you execute
several SQL quries in a single DB transaction [1] where as useTransaction
will let you to disable the commit operation in a distributed transaction so
that commit operation of the distributed transaction will be manage by the
container.

-Rajika
[1] -
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/sql/Connection.html#setAutoCommit(boolean)