synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Ruwan Linton <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Deployer implementation for synapse
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 10:57:23 GMT
Folks,

I was trying to implement the hot deployment and hot update of the synapse
artifacts as per my proposal the to the list sometime back using the axis2
deployers. But due to some restrictions and the architecture of the axis2
deployers we cannot use that for synapse artifact deployment.

The axis2 deployer hot update functionality has been implemented to call the
unDeploy() method and then call the deploy method on that artifact. This
causes an issue for syanpse since synapse has some restrictions on a
absolute minimal configuration. We cannot let the user undeploy the main and
fault sequences. But acording to the way the axis2 hot update has been
implemented we do not have a means of differentiating the hot update
undeploy call from the actual undeploy call. Actual undeploy call should
prevent undeploying the main and fault sequences while it should be possible
to undeploy those for hot updating.

Also please note that with this approach there is a donwtime of the
artifacts when doing the hot update which has to be prevented some how.

Given the above facts it seems like we will have to go with a synapse
implementation of the deployers.

WDYT??

Thanks,
Ruwan