synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Buggy Code in Tasks Module?
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 11:08:34 GMT
FYI this is how we initialize the TaskHelper.

taskHelper.init(

TaskDescriptionRepositoryFactory.getTaskDescriptionRepository(
                                TaskConstants.TASK_DESCRIPTION_REPOSITORY),

TaskSchedulerFactory.getTaskScheduler(TaskConstants.TASK_SCHEDULER));

Note that we use one task scheduler to initialize the helper and use a
different one when initializing SimpleQuartz instances.

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka
<hiranya911@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I ran into some buggy looking code related to tasks. When a new task is
> created the SimpleQuartz#init method is called. There we get a task
> scheduler instance using the following piece of code.
>
> TaskScheduler taskScheduler = TaskSchedulerFactory.getTaskScheduler(
>
> SynapseConstants.SYNAPSE_STARTUP_TASK_SCHEDULER);
>
> Then when a task is stopped/removed SimpleQuartz#destroy method is called.
> There we try to get the task scheduler using the following line of code.
>
> TaskScheduler taskScheduler = taskHelper.getTaskScheduler();
>
> The task schedulers returned at the two occasions are in fact different
> (confirmed by debugging). Therefore when a task is removed from the system
> at runtime, things are not cleaned up properly and the task will continue to
> run in the background. Also the task scheduler instance set to the task
> helper is never initialized. That is another problem I encountered.
>
> I feel that these are actually bugs. Can somebody who's more familiar with
> the Synapse tasks module shed some light on the subject? If somebody can
> confirm I can start working on fixing them.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Hiranya Jayathilaka
> Software Engineer;