synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing Type Support for the Property Mediator
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 05:28:33 GMT
Hi Folks,

Currently the property mediator sets all property values as strings. But in
certain cases we will want to set property values of other types (integers,
floats, OMElement etc). For instance when using certain JMS providers (eg:
IBM MQ) this feature becomes a must, since they do not allow setting certain
properties as strings. Such properties should be set with specific types.

To solve this problem I would like to propose adding a new attribute to the
property mediator. The new attribute, named 'type' will allow specifying a
type for the parameter value. The property mediator will make sure that the
value is properly cast into the specified type before setting the value. If
the attribute is not specified the default type 'string' will be used so the
existing behavior won't be affected.

I have already done this modificataion for WSO2 ESB. I have implemented
support for following types:

   - INTEGER
   - FLOAT
   - DOUBLE
   - BOOLEAN
   - LONG
   - SHORT
   - STRING
   - OM (to set OMElement parameters)

If there are no objections, I would like to contribute this improvement to
Synapse. So WDYT? Your comments and feedback are most appreciated.

Thanks,
Hiranya

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka